Arca Mobile is a mobile consulting and development company that offers business owners and organizations a simple and affordable way to customize, launch, and update a native mobile application for the iOS and Android operating systems.
Through the Arca Mobile suite of products and our custom mobile development services, we offer a solution for every mobile initiative.
Arca Mobile provides a suite of pre-built, native iPhone and Android mobile application platforms which can be used to build a custom mobile application for your business or organization. Each mobile app platform comes with a web based app management interface which allows for real – time updates to the content found on the app. Once the app is customized with your content and branding, it is made available for download via the App Store or Android Market.
Arca Mobile also provides custom mobile development services that can meet the needs of every custom project request.
A mobile app is software that runs on a handheld device (phone, tablet, PDA, iPod Touch, etc.) which connects to a wifi or wireless network (i.e. AT&T or Verizon), and has an operating system that supports standalone, third party software. The mobile app software is usually pre-installed on phones during manufacture or downloaded by customers from various mobile software distribution platforms (i.e. Apple's App Store or Android Market).
A native mobile app is a mobile app that is available on a single type of mobile operating system: iOS, Android, BlackBerry, etc. In addition to being specifically designed to run on a particular operating system, the native mobile app is designed to use physical, device specific hardware functions as well. These are the reasons why an iPhone app works so beautifully and efficiently only on iOS devices while Android apps do the same only on Android devices.
A mobile app is a powerful tool that can provide an engaging and informative experience for your clients with your business or organization. A mobile app completes the reach your business and organization can extend into the fastest growing and most accessible medium available to customers today: their mobile phone.
In order to start your project with Arca Mobile's app platform, you will need to decide which type of service you would like to buy:
• Mobile App as a Service: One – Time, $599 Fee + $59/month.
1. Includes Setup and Installation on our shared servers.
2. Includes Unlimited support via Phone, Email, Live Chat and upgrades/updates to the app software.
• Owned License: One – Time, $2599 Fee.
1. Includes Setup and Installation on your servers.
2. Includes 30 days of Phone, Email and Live Chat support.
3. Includes access to design-level source code of app platform.
The pricing also includes submission of your app to the Apple App Store (under your own Developer's account), Android Market (under your own Developer's Account)
For additional pricing information, please see our pricing page.
The functionalities and features available through the Arca Mobile Owned License and our Mobile App as a Service are exactly the same. However, keep the following in mind:
• The Mobile App as a Service provides you the opportunity to use the Android and iPhone app software for as long as you'd like, by renting the software from our team on a monthly basis. The Mobile App as a Service does not provide access to app source code and requires all design and development changes to be completed by our Arca Mobile team. In addition, the apps will be operating on Arca Mobile's hosting service.
• The Owned License provides you with a perpetual license to use the Android and iPhone app software for as long as you'd like, through a one-time fee (as opposed to renting the software from our team on a monthly basis). The Owned License comes with access to the design level source code of the app (so that you can change the look and feel/design of the app screens through your own developer), in addition to allowing you to install the software on your own servers.
Once you decide whether you would like to use our Owned License edition or the Mobile App as a Service edition:
1. The first step is to choose the best Arca Mobile app platform for your business. Our platforms can create mobile apps for any business and niche. Some of the industries we can support include Real Estate, Publishing, and eCommerce (among others).
2. The second step is to customize the app with your own custom content and features. Our platform allows you to add your own unique content, logo, and button icons, instantly, online. In addition, if you are interested in a new, custom feature that may not be found on the platform you choose, our team at Arca Mobile can develop one for you.
3. The third step is the most exciting part: we bring your app project public and launch your app to market! The Arca Mobile Support team will walk you through the entire process of preparing your app for launch, ultimately submitting your app to the Apple App Store and the Android Market.
Please keep in mind that our professional and highly skilled development team can also work with you to create an estimate and quote for a custom application solution for you mobile project.
Whether it's a single, additional feature or a completely custom mobile solution, the Arca Mobile Development team will meet with you to discuss and review your custom request. Once we determine the final details of your request, we will provide you with a project development scope (i.e. quote) identifying the cost and development time required for your feature.
Our company's goal is to affordably and efficiently bring the benefits of mobile applications to every business and organization; we are committed to working with you to find a solution that fits your timeline and budget for bringing your project to life.
Yes, you can. Our Arca Mobile support team will help you upload the following:
• App Icon: we recommend an icon image with 512 x 512 pixels in PNG format.
• Category Button Icons: we offer sample button icons but if you are planning on using your own, we recommend 55 X 55 pixels in PNG format.
• Loading Screen Image: we recommend an image that is 640 x 960 pixels, in PNG format.
• Background Color and Font: you will determine which color and font you would like to use throughout your app, which our development team will complete for you during the setup and installation.
Apple, like any other business/organization, has their rules and criteria that others must follow in order to use their service (i.e. App Store). These are always up for change and review by Apple but you can rest assured by taking the suggestions of our team in addition to reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
In our experience, we have never had an app rejected by Apple's approval process. We work hard to make sure our customers' apps meet all of the standard criteria to be considered a successful app, ready for approval by Apple.
However, if your app is rejected by Apple, our team will re-evaluate your project and make sure the appropriate measures are taken to gain approval upon re-submission.
You can signup for an Apple Developer's account by visiting http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/ Please keep the following in mind:
• Apple charges an annual, fee of $99 for use of a developer account with their company. Even after you submit your application and the initial $99 fee, it has been known to take some time for Apple to approve your developer's status. If you sign up as a company as opposed to as an individual, corporate documents may be required.
• Once you have gained approval, please send us your access information for your new developer's account so that we can have that information on hand when submitting your app for approval.
In-App Purchasing is a feature available with both the iOS/Apple and Android systems that allow app users to purchase subscriptions and extra content from within an app. With Apple's system, the app users will see a dialogue box which will require them to enter their iTunes password in order to purchase an In-App Purchase. Similarly, within Android's system, the Android app will deliver a dialog box that allows the user to charge the credit card they have already setup for the Android Market. In both cases, once the payment is accepted, the item will be immediately downloaded right through the app.
In-App Purchasing is something we can custom develop for you based on your needs. If you are interested, please contact us for a quote.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using In-App purchasing, you must share 30% of all revenue generated from In-App Purchases with Apple or Google. There are no exceptions to this rule.
The Android Market is different from Apple's App Store criteria and policies. Simply stated: as long as your Android app follows the criteria set out within the Android Market Developer Program Policies, it will be published immediately.
You can sign up to be a part of the Android Market by going to http://market.android.com/publish and signing up for a developer account. Android charges an annual fee of $25.00, which needs to be paid in order to submit apps to the Android Market.
You will need a Gmail account to publish on the Android Market (sign up for one if you do not have one).
Once you start a project with us, please send us the access info for this account when you receive it as we will use this information to help submit your application.
Once you purchase the mobile application package that's right for you, our team will help you with addressing the basic modifications necessary to make the app your own. Once that has been completed, we will submit your app to the Apple App store and the Android Market.
Apple can take between a week to two weeks, but even as long as a month to complete the review of your app. Once Apple approves the app, it will be available at the App store within the next 24 hours. Android apps are typically available within 24 hours of submission to the Android Market.
The Arca Mobile App platform allows you to easily update your app's content, at any time, in real time! You can log into your App Manager account and use the web-based Content Management System to change internal button images while adding/removing/editing the content presented to users through your app.
Once your app is live and approved, you can make any change to the content of your app, at any time, in real time, through our App Manager interface. However, if you are looking to add or remove features and functions of your app, this will require our team to provide you a quote for the custom development required to make those changes. If you agree to those changes and complete the development with us, we will simply require the cost of the custom development work we complete for you; we will not charge a fee to resubmit your app to the App Store or Android Market.
Contact Arca Mobile
Thank you for submitting your project information!
One of our mobile consultants will be in touch with you shortly.